LTCIS Reopening Process Updates
We are evaluating every element of our Long-Term Community Integration Services (LTCIS) program to maximize the health and safety of the individuals we serve.
This page is dedicated to the participants, families, caregivers and residential service providers involved in ServiceSource’s Long-Term Community Integration Services (LTCIS) program in Delaware, North Carolina, Utah and Virginia. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Given the latest public health guidance, we are delaying the reopening process.
ServiceSource will delay opening all LTCIS programs until further notice (last updated: August 20 at 12:45 pm)
This delay is for all participants (regardless of Phase) and will allow time for us to continue to monitor the local impact of COVID-19, the status of the school systems, and the local environment to effectively plan for a safe reopening of our programs.
Our decision to delay the reopening process has been made out of an abundance of caution, recognizing that the safest place for many of the individuals we serve is currently at home.
Click here to read a letter from our LTCIS leaders (last updated August 20 at 12:45 pm).
Click here to read more about the virtual service options we’re providing during this time.
Summary of LTCIS Reopening Process
We continue to reevaluate our plans, protocols and processes to align with the latest guidance from the state, local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and include enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols. However, we recognize that COVID-19 spreads through human interactions and although we have found many ways to safeguard from possible exposure, we cannot eliminate the possibility that exposure could occur. When it is safe to reopen, several protocols will be in place to promote social distancing and safety of each person in the building. The following will be implemented:
- Temperature checks and health screenings will be conducted for individuals entering the buildings, in alignment with CDC guidelines.
- Masks or face coverings are required while in the building. We will adjust and adapt to persons served who will not easily tolerate mask/face covering use.
- Everyone entering the buildings will be asked to sanitize their hands.
- Personal care and hygiene will be monitored/supported to encourage regular hand washing.
- Participants and staff members will enter the building through controlled access points and the program areas will be restricted to ServiceSource staff and persons served.
- One-way traffic will be incorporated throughout the buildings as appropriate.
- Markers will be placed on the floor to promote social distancing guidelines in program areas and hallways where practical and safe.
- Program areas and furnishing have been modified to limit group sizes and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Visitation will be extremely limited out of an abundance of caution.
- Internal and external meetings will occur virtually using Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Conference Call numbers.
- We are engaged with our residential and transportation partners to coordinate safety protocols and implement best practices.
We recognize that the implementation of these changes will be challenging for all of us, but particularly for many of the individuals we serve in our LTCIS programs. We will be working with all families and residential providers to stagger start dates to best serve everyone and mitigate as much risk as possible.
The reopening will take place in phases and will initially only include 20-30% of the persons served in the programs. We will be working with all individuals and their families/stakeholders to determine the “right time” to restart services. We expect that individuals with underlying medical conditions that place them at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 will be considered to return in latter phases.
We appreciate your patience and positivity during this time. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your ServiceSource staff with questions, suggestions or concerns.
- ArlingtonWeaves, Etc. and Woodmont: Theresa Piccolo, 571-337-9076
- Alexandria: Nicole Erickson, 703-970-3623
- Chantilly and Neighborhood Place: Kenderly Franklin, 703-472-3802
- South Springfield: Lissa Wetherell, 703-798-7871
- Oakton and Springfield: Alison Gray, 571-414-9891
- Delaware Riverfront Community Program: Felicia Taiwo, 302-304-0637
- Delaware Dover Community Program: Felicia Taiwo, 302-304-0637
- Fayetteville Community Inclusion Day Program: Nathan Williams Jr., 910-309-4329
- Clearfield Community Integrated Support Program: Matthew Elston, 385-423-3908