ServiceSource offers a specialized employment program to assist individuals diagnosed on the autism spectrum in obtaining employment and increasing self-sufficiency. The program is designed to increase the participation of individuals with autism in the labor market, with a focus on young adults transitioning out of high school.
Virginia Regional Office
The ServiceSource Virginia Regional Office offers a specialized employment program to assist individuals with autism in obtaining employment and increasing self-sufficiency. Our program is designed to increase the participation of individuals with autism in the labor market, with a focus on young adults transitioning out of high school.
- Assessments to explore interests and skills
- Soft Skills Club to enhance communication and employment readiness skills
- Short-term employment opportunities and internships to increase work experience, skills, and marketability
- Job development and employment support services to obtain and maintain permanent paid employment
- For all inquiries, contact Theresa Piccolo at 571-337-9076
** Autism services in Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, and City of Falls Church are supported by funding from the Fairfax County Consolidated Community Funding Pool System.
Delaware Regional Office
The ServiceSource Delaware Regional Office offers a specialized employment program serving adults who have been diagnosed on the autistic spectrum and adults with Aspergers Syndrome. These specialized services were been designed with input from Delaware’s Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), Delaware Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDDS).
The program helps prepare individuals for employment, locate jobs and be successful at retaining jobs in their community. Services include:
- Vocational counseling
- Job coaching
- Personalized instruction and training
- Networking with employers
- Specialized Retail Employees Training Initiative(REDI) in partnership with Walgreens
Our on-going support helps individuals to stay employed or to recognize when it is time to move to a working environment more suitable to their skills and interest. For more information, please contact Katrina Bradley (302) 762-0300.