About the Program
Warrior Bridge is a vital connection to resources and support for veterans with disabilities as they seek employment, self-sufficiency and improved quality of life. In response to an overwhelming need for coordination among veteran-serving organizations, Warrior Bridge works to facilitate greater collaboration among government agencies, non-profit organizations, and private sector employers.
ServiceSource has a variety of Warrior Bridge services available in Delaware, Florida and North Carolina.
Warrior Bridge Services (by region)
Florida: Veterans Mall
Operated by the all-volunteer Abilities Guild, the Veterans Mall in Clearwater, FL distributes new household items such as small kitchen appliances, cookware, protective face masks, bed and bath linens, as well as business attire and other necessities for wounded veterans transitioning from homelessness into apartments in the community. Since its grand opening in October 2011, the Mall has served more than 3,600 veterans.
North Carolina: Employment Assistance and Support
The North Carolina Warrior Bridge program has provided supported employment assistance and job placement to more than 400 veterans and transitioning service members with disabilities and their families. The program assists with resource navigation, employment readiness, job development, job placement, job coaching and peer support. Warrior Bridge also supports with skill training and provides a barrier removal fund which helps with financial aid, housing and mental and physical health referrals.
Delaware: Home Starter Kits
The Delaware Warrior Bridge Program offers Home Starter Kits for veterans and their families as they transition into more permanent housing. Home Starter Kits contain essential household items such as dinnerware sets, cookware and kitchen appliances.
HIRE Vets Medallion Awards
ServiceSource Virginia, Delaware and North Carolina are honored to be recognized by The U.S. Department of Labor as recipients of the 2020 HIRE Vets Medallion Program Award.
ServiceSource Virginia received the Gold Medallion Award for Large employers and ServiceSource Delaware and North Carolina received the Platinum Medallion Award for Medium employers. The award recognizes our commitment to hire and retain veterans, establish employee development programs and improve veteran retention.
AMVETS Veteran-Friendly Employer of the Year
ServiceSource was recognized as the AMVETS Veteran-Friendly Employer of the Year (medium company). This award recognizes employers who make a commitment to include veterans in their organizational culture through both their hiring practices and community involvement. On December 31, 2018, we had 194 veteran employees.
Resources and Links
ServiceSource does not endorse any of these resources nor necessarily agree with their contents. Please review each resource to determine if it might be a good fit for you.
- http://www.va.gov/ – The Department of Veterans Affairs
- http://www.warriorgateway.org/ – This site serves as resource for the military community to quickly locate service organizations that satisfy their needs, identify academic programs they are interested in and easily find employers seeking their valuable skills.
- https://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/vsoc.asp – Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E). An online employment resource center for veterans, including videos explaining VR & E’s services and programs, links for job searching, current and direct employment opportunities and helpful resume and interview resources.
- http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp – United States Office of Personnel Management. Contains a wealth of information for veterans who are returning to the workforce, including information on eligibility for benefits and application processes.
- http://www.rntobsn.org/resources/ptsd/ – Raising Awareness About PTSD – A Resource Guide
- http://www.mesotheliomagroup.com/veterans/ – Information about Veterans and mesothelioma.
- https://www.dvs.virginia.gov/virginia-veteran-and-family-support-2/contact-vvfs-2 – Virginia Veteran and Family Support
- https://www.egglestonservices.org/warrior-bridge – Eggleston Warrior Bridge Program
- www.operationtohidu.org – A holistic retreat helping wounded warrior overcome obstacles to their recovery and supporting their successful reintegration