ServiceSource Delaware, in partnership with $tand By Me, have partnered to offer an innovative financial empowerment program focused on helping individuals with disabilities improve their financial well-being.
Confidential one-on-one financial coaching and certified SSI/SSDI benefit counseling will help you learn how to:
- Manage your money
- Increase your savings
- Decrease your debt
- Create a personal budget that fits your lifestyle
- Protect yourself from identity theft
- Access resources and other financial products in your community
- Get a FREE credit report and score
To make an appointment or for information about group financial workshops, individual financial coaching and/or SSA Benefits Counseling please contact our Financial Coach and Certified SSA Benefit Counselor.
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
The purpose of the WIPA program is to provide timely and accurate information to Social Security Administration (SSA) beneficiaries on SSA’s work incentives and other Federal efforts to remove regulatory and programmatic barriers to employment for persons with disabilities.
The purpose of these work incentives are to:
- Help you achieve gainful employment
- Increase your independence
- Provide you with options to choose from
- Help you acquire self-support
- Facilitate informed choice
How can we help?
The Community Work Incentive Coordinator will explore with you and your stakeholders how to best utilize the work incentives available to you. Work incentives like Trial Work Periods, Extended Period of Eligibility, Impairment Related Work Expense, Blind Work Expense, Student Earned Income Exclusion, Plan for Achieving Self Support, extended Medicaid 1619 (b), Expedited Reinstatement of Benefits and much more.
- Advisement and Counseling
- Information and Referral
- Benefits Management and Follow-up
- Short-term and Long-term Support
- Consumer Education and Training
If you are a resident of Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, or Sarasota county, call (727) 538-7370; or toll free 800-259-5709; or email WIPA.Referrals@servicesource.org for assistance with the WIPA program.
Social Security BOND
The Benefit Offset National Demonstration (BOND) is a new demonstration program created by Social Security Administration to help Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) beneficiaries return to work. Through the use of a benefit offset, Social Security Administration is testing a different way to treat SSDI beneficiaries’ work and earnings. Service Source is providing Enhanced Work Incentives Counseling (EWIC) and (Counseling Work Incentive WIC) for southern Florida under the BOND program. EWIC & WIC Counseling is work incentives counseling that covers some additional areas, including help with achieving long-term employment goals. For more information on BOND visit www.bondssa.org or call 202-904-2363.
Family Support Services (FSS)
Family Support Services builds partnerships with families, individuals and rehabilitation staff that enhance support systems and increase quality of life. The purpose of Family Support Services is to prepare individuals and their families for life’s transitions by developing a plan that will support them through planned and unexpected life changes. Our philosophy is that having a plan in place provides peace of mind by preventing crises from happening, providing a safety net if a crisis does arise, and peparing families to better respond to difficult transitions.
Family Support Services is open to people with disabilities, veterans, seniors and their families. Services provided include:
- Helping families maintain their person’s records of needs and resources
- Resource linkages
- Education and consultation
- Community outreach and family workshops
- Benefits counseling
- Feedback from the Family Advisory Council
For questions, more information, or support, please contact:
Sagan Brummett, MSW
Director of Family Support Services
Direct Line: 703-461-1192
Main Desk: 703-461-6000
NCSS WIPA Website Content Information
What is the WIPA program?
The Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) program is a cooperative agreement between the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the North Carolina ServiceSource (NCSS) Regional Office to support individuals with disabilities who receive benefits from Social Security in their efforts to acquire, retain and increase meaningful employment with the goal of improving financial independence.
How can the WIPA program help?
The NCSS WIPA program can assist you with the following FREE services:
- Analysis and verification of your benefits
- Explanation of the Social Security’s Ticket to Work program
- Description of the impact of earnings from employment activities on your public benefits
- Advisement on how your health insurance coverage may be affected by paid employment
- Explanation of Work Incentives available to you during your return to work
- Support in resolving problems related to securing or maintaining your employment activity
- Description on how to report earnings from employment to Social Security and other agencies
- Assistance in anticipating changes in your benefits once you begin your employment activity
- Referral to support services as needed
What makes me eligible for WIPA services?
You may be eligible for WIPA services if you:
- Are actively looking for employment or you are already employed
- Live in our Service Area (please check the list of counties below)
- Are between the ages of 14 and full retirement age
- Are disabled per Social Security’s definition and you are receiving (or approved to receive) Social Security benefits based on disability: Supplemental Security Income (SSI); Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or other Title II disability benefit
The North Carolina ServiceSource WIPA program provides services throughout the eastern part of the state in the following counties:
Contact your WIPA program at:
ServiceSource North Carolina Regional Office
600 Ames Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Useful Social Security programs links and contact information:
Ticket To Work program
Toll Free: 866-968-7842
Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS) program
Disability Rights North Carolina
Toll Free: 877-235-4210
Main Phone: 919-856-2195