About the Program
ServiceSource Florida offers Benefits Counseling through the Work Incentive Planning and Assistance (WIPA) program. Through this program, ServiceSource provides timely and accurate information to Social Security Administration (SSA) beneficiaries on SSA’s work incentives and other Federal efforts to remove regulatory and programmatic barriers to employment for persons with disabilities.
The purpose of these work incentives are to:
- Help you achieve gainful employment
- Increase your independence
- Provide you with options to choose from
- Help you acquire self-support
- Facilitate informed choice
How can we help?
The Community Work Incentive Coordinator will explore with you and your stakeholders how to best utilize the work incentives available to you. Work incentives like Trial Work Periods, Extended Period of Eligibility, Impairment Related Work Expense, Blind Work Expense, Student Earned Income Exclusion, Plan for Achieving Self Support, extended Medicaid 1619 (b), Expedited Reinstatement of Benefits and much more.
- Advisement and Counseling
- Information and Referral
- Benefits Management and Follow-up
- Short-term and Long-term Support
- Consumer Education and Training
If you are a resident of Citrus, Hernando, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, or Sarasota county, call (727) 538-7370; or toll free 800-259-5709; or email WIPA.Referrals@servicesource.org for assistance with the WIPA program.