About the Program
The Riverfront Community Center program is located in Wilmington, Delaware and is designed to maximize community access and community inclusion. Within the program, ServiceSource is focused on providing both skill development and varied opportunities for community participation. In addition, the program is designed for individuals with disabilities who have or are currently working in a community or facility-based work program and are interested in expanding their community involvement.
- Communication and socialization skills
- Self-direction and self-help
- Career exploration
- Adaptive skills
- Virtual services
Types of Activities
Weekly activities are planned in small groups by program participants themselves. These can include:
- Physical fitness and exercise classes
- Health and wellness activities
- Computer classes
- Current event discussions
- Art therapy
- Cooking classes
- Pre-vocational skill development to support employment preparation
- Visits/trips to local points of interest within the community including museums, libraries, theaters, health fairs, shopping malls, etc.
- And more!
Participants in the Riverfront Community Center program must be referred by the Delaware Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDDS). If you are not eligible for public funding, you must have the ability to privately pay for services.
958 Justison Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Transportation to and from the program is arranged through DART. The Wilmington Riverfront site is easily accessible through DART. In addition, the Wilmington Trolley provides daily low cost transportation from the Riverfront to downtown Wilmington.
For more information on this program, visit our Contact Us page.