About the Program
ServiceSource Virginia’s Community Companion Services help maximize individuals’ ability to safely participate in activities of their choosing. Support can be provided to help individuals learn daily and independent living skills in a variety of settings, in addition support is individualized to fit each participant’s needs. All services within the program are provided by a Community Support Specialist, who promotes healthy decisions and integration in the community.
- Age 18 or older
- Live in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County, the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax or Falls Church or Washington, DC
- Be able to maintain safety of self and others
- Maintain hygiene independently
- Follow guidance of staff when needed
Examples of Support
- Local fairs, farmers markets, festivals or conventions
- Recreational outings such as hiking, walking or running
- Movie theatres, museums, local parks
- Restaurants or shopping
- Sporting events
- Volunteer activities
- Money and budget management
- Communication in social settings
- Navigating public transportation
- Independent living such as grocery shopping, meal prep, etc.
- The rate of $35 per hour applies to participants paying privately
- Minimum session time is two hours
- Available weekdays, evenings, and weekends between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, based on staff availability. Times may be adjustment for special events or on a case-by-case basis.
- Services do not include: personal care (bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding, or
other hygiene related tasks); medication management/administration; or behavior management
For more information or to apply, contact: