Assistive Technology Assessments
ServiceSource offers basic assistive technology screenings which help identify assistive technologies that can increase individual’s independence, participation, and performance in everyday tasks and activities. Technology screenings are available for communication, computer access, memory and organization, hearing needs, vision needs, and physical needs. In addition to screenings, training is also available for those new to their assistive technology device(s) or those who may need extra help learning how to use their device(s). Screenings are provided at no charge at the ServiceSource Resource Center in Oakton, Virginia.
- Assess an individual’s functional needs
- Provide a knowledgeable resource of the types of items available on the market
- Recommend technology based on an individual’s preferences, abilities, and the tasks to be accomplished
- Conduct trials or demonstrations to allow an individual to validate the effectiveness of the technology in everyday life
- Refer individuals to additional support services to provide training or technical support
- Link individuals to financing to obtain items
- Reassess needs over time as tasks or abilities change
For more information or to schedule a screening, contact:
Phone: (703) 461-1192
** Basic Assistive Technology Screening is provided in partnership with various community agencies, with equipment funding from the Fairfax Civitan Club and the Civitan Chesapeake District Foundation for Children with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.