About the Program
Senior Services provides supportive services that focus on social inclusion to enable seniors with minor cognitive and physical disabilities to actively participate in the day-to-day activities at Fairfax County Senior Centers.
- Allow seniors with disabilities to enjoy the wide range of programming found at Fairfax County senior centers
- Enable participants to remain in the least restrictive environment and maintain as much independence as possible
- Reduce loneliness and isolation by providing fun and enjoyment in addition to preserving dignity and enhancing the quality of life for each participant
- Therapeutic Recreation: Recreational therapists are available to design and implement adaptations and modifications needed to support members’ participation in day-to-day center activities.
- Case Management: Staff offer guidance and provide referrals to individuals and families in determining the appropriate programs and services to meet seniors’ needs.
ServiceSource helps support the Virtual Center for Active Adults (VCAA) which brings live interactive programs to community members virtually. Connect with peers, stay active with physically fitness classes and learn something new with special guest speaks.
The VCAA is a current partnership between Arlington County, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, Prince William County and the Town of Vienna.
Senior Center Locations
For more location information, visit the Fairfax County Senior Centers at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/neighborhood-community-services/senior-centers
Bailey’s Senior Center
5920 Summers Lane
Little River Glen Senior Center
4001 Barker Court
Herndon Senior Center
873 Grace Street
Lorton Senior Center
7722 Gunston Plaza
Hollin Hall Senior Center
1500 Shenandoah Road
Pimmit Hills Senior Center
7510 Lisle Avenue
James Lee Senior Center
2855-A Annandale Road
Providence Senior Center
3001 Vaden Drive
Kingstowne Center for Active Adults
6488 Landsdowne Center
South County Senior Center
8333 Richmond Highway, Ste. 325
Lewinsville Senior Center
1613 Great Falls Street
Sully Senior Center
14426 Albemarle Point Place
Lincolnia Senior Center
4710 North Chambliss Street
Wakefield Senior Center
8100 Braddock Road
Technology Grant Program Fundraiser
Help us spread the word that ServiceSource is helping those we serve access the technology needed to take part in virtual activities!
The ServiceSource Foundation launched the Technology Grant Program to help provide technology to older adults and people with disabilities who need it the most.
To support or donate, visit www.servicesource.org/donate.
For more information, email VASeniorServices@ServiceSource.org or call 703-970-3636.