Get Involved. Make a Difference.
Volunteers play a key role in ServiceSource by enhancing our programs, enriching the lives of the participants we serve and helping to create a more diverse and inclusive community.
To help ensure our quality and safety standards, we have a few requirements –
- We offer both episodic (12 hours or less) and long-term volunteer opportunities.
- If working directly with people we serve, all volunteers must be over the age of 18 and are required to go through a training orientation prior to coming on board.
- Under 18? You can still help! We have opportunities and events throughout the year that are perfect for high school students to get involved.
- We are happy to sign off on service hours for educational and civic requirements, however, we are unable to validate hours needed for court mandated volunteering.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in helping enhance the lives of people with disabilities, contact us today!
Director of Volunteer Services
- Reading Buddies – work with large groups or in a one to one environment, reading to adults who have a love of the written word.
- Gardening Volunteers – if you have a green thumb, we want it! Help our participants explore nature, plants, flowers, and herbs through projects, plantings and the farm to table experiences.
- Beauty and Grooming Groups – explore recent trends in fashion and media, create individual portfolios, participate in spa days and have fun experimenting with new styles!
- Sewing and Craft Groups – with the support of staff, create new projects around sewing, knitting and crafts for participants to discover their creative side and imaginations.
- Community Outings – assist staff on excursions to explore all the wonderful sites, landmarks, and educational activities that the area has to offer.
- Customized Opportunities – do you have a unique talent or interest? We would love to hear all about it and are eager to explore how we can fit your experience and gifts into our programs.
- Youth Opportunities – please contact us directly to explore the different possibilities we have to offer teens.
Congratulations Lois Sewell, Volunteer Arlington’s Lifetime of Service Awardee!
ServiceSource volunteer Lois Sewell was honored this week at Volunteer Arlington’s Arlington Cares event. Arlington Cares celebrates the spirit of volunteerism in Arlington County. Lois was honored with Volunteer Arlington’s Lifetime of Service Award.
Lois has been volunteering with ArlingtonWeaves, Etc., a ServiceSource program, for more than 30 years. On average she volunteers for close to 200 hours a year, which over the course of 30, totals nearly 6,000 hours of service given to the mission. Congratulations Lois!