ServiceSource has a talented team of Employment Development Specialists who work closely with program participants in their efforts to explore careers as well as obtain and maintain valued employment in the community. ServiceSource has the resources to ensure that the placements are successful for both the individual and the employer. Through our job placement services, individuals receive:
- Situational Assessments: On-site, hands on work experience in a career field in which the individual has expressed interest.
- Job Development: Assistance with finding job leads, developing resumes and applications and interviewing. Staff may also provide advocacy and employer education if necessary.
- Job Coaching: Extra support with training and settling in to a new job environment. Job coaches can provide on the job training for the employee and education for the employer.
- Follow-Along Services: Periodic visits may help some people maintain employment and deal with any issues that arise.
- Travel Training: Navigating the public transportation system in the DC metro area can be difficult. Our staff help individuals identify and learn the most convenient route to and from work, as well as how to deal with travel disruptions.